Monday, July 31, 2017

#ModernDating


I am 25 years old, a single woman
I pretty much live in the silliest part
of the modern hook up culture
A guy getting me a drink at a bar,
we are sharing a table at the desk
at the university, in work or whatsoever
trying to respond to a text, so I
would seem an interesting person.
But instead, I lay in the couch
Swiping left, swiping right on tinder
five seconds, maybe one minute later
till I match, go on a date and end up with
that selfish physical touch, but
What about those red roses, I once liked? See
The date leads to a second, maybe a 3rd even
But they eventually leave, and I wonder
Is it due to my sensitivity insecurities mindset, or
It is because I share more
then what people need to hear, or know
Or maybe, maybe just maybe
I don't relate to the modern dating scene
Maybe, maybe I connect to being an introvert only
I dislike being alone by myself after 3 am
smoking my last cigarette, until I began to experience
to experience it for me,
It's complicated, it's meaningless its everything it's endless
Looking so wonderful in this short dress,
but still no courage on one is asking me out, or
have coffee, a drink, night in the valley,
Perhaps I am too quick, a jerk the misfit
I live in this world, where people are afraid
to feel anything genuine,
no one is the courage to speak up their minds
if I am in love with you, I should tell you
but instead, I will write a poem about it
When I am angry with you,
 I won't call you and tell you about it,
no I won't! Instead,
I will tweet a 140 character quote and live with it,
my nagging texts will soon turn into zero none sense,
if I liked you, I won't tell you how I feel,
I live in this modern dating world, I am 25 and single
I don't dare to ask you out, because that means
stepping ahead of this game that means
I will cute those rules off, , and I don't need bad luck more than that.
Because, if I lose, I end up alone,
drowning in a pile of my insecurities wondering what did I do wrong again! 
Don't wait by the phone, he is not going to text
No texting him first means desperate
casual dinner means nothing
overdressing means you want it more
But I can't talk about it, so I write perhaps text
Everything here is done through damn texting
it's weird to call someone in this modern life
a voice to voice a full conversation a giggle
the sound of you laughing is forbidden
Don't wait by the phone, he won't call
Calculating the time where you went home,
after the dinner, the next morning no text
the week after, don't wait by the phone
I swear as much as I faced those moments
I should get a degree for that, hookups
everything, everyone hookups
but I want a movie, a rose, a pack of chocolate
the endless romantic movie, those tears
I want a valley full of candles,
the memories that will last, I want those but
wanting a more dating culture is useless here
if I like someone, iIwant to hang out 24/7
I need feelings,
If I talk to him too much, I’m needy.
If I am always free when he asks me to hangout, I’m clingy
and have no life of my own.
And I am constantly wondering why
I play these stupid games.
Why can’t I call someone because I like talking to him?
Why does showing I care make me needy?
If I act angry when a guy blows me off,
I’m just a crazy bitch, so my only other option is to complain to my friends and wade in anxiety
until he finally texts me back.
And let me tell you something;
I don’t want to be that girl.
I don’t want anyone to have that power over me.
No one should have that kind of power over anyone.
I am so tired of living in a world where apathy
is more effective in getting
someone’s attention than honesty.
I’m tired of the manipulative games
that men and women play with one another
in an effort to maintain control in a relationship
that we’re not allowed to define.
I am tired of this ,
So this is the plan, sit tight and throw your phones away
lets stop this act,,
respect each other
tell the truth, be honest
let us inspire the idea of love
the cuddles, those kisses
the candles, the area the love
if your not into someone, dont fool for their bodies
dont touch their soul, if they are not your type
Dont ignore the texts that took time from the other person,
Text back, reply with a heart
Send a joke, say I miss you more often
If you love her, marry her
Be honest, dont waste time
now, bring your phones back
dial their number
listen to their voices
speak to them about love
before its too or late
Be honest,
Dont wait by the phone
She is not going to text
Easy easy on the keyboard
wipe your tears,
Exhale, inhale slowly
No one is going to text
Dont wait by the phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

رسالة إليك

  ربما أنت لا تذكر ما الي سأقوله ولكن سأقول في الحالتين أتذكر المرة الأولى التي التقينا فيها يوم الجمعة 25 أكتوبر 2019 في الصباح الباكر عندم...