Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Impact of Social media around me

I have noticed today,
I have more than 500 people on my social media accounts
we talk almost every day
and share the love and the sad memories together
but I still feel lonely
and I don’t blame myself for being introvert
I blame social media for it
I must confess a decade ago
I was excited for a new whole world
Where we can connect easily
but then we have failed and we
have lost touch permanently
What bothered me the most, is
When I asked my best friend to meet
Surprisingly she said:
“What time shall we Skype”
But what if I want to go for walk?
Or go and play on the PS
what if I don’t want to Skype
and I want us to meet face to face
It hit me hard
When I figured the disadvantages of social media
There will be no more LIVE laughs
No more enjoying a cup of coffee
without taking tons of pictures
using the right hashtags,
No more enjoying each other company
for the sake of friendship
No more us
like 1 + 1 = 2
Till I decided to quit it
To live the life I have given
To smell the books, and poetry
and leave this disease
To someone else,
Till one day
They miss me
Till one day
They will miss the life we have given
Because we live once
and for me I would rather live the little moments
without taking photos and upload it
on social media
so everyone can know how happy I am
But I would rather live happily
so I can know
How grateful I am without
the use of Social media
I am free,
I am happy
I am me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

رسالة إليك

  ربما أنت لا تذكر ما الي سأقوله ولكن سأقول في الحالتين أتذكر المرة الأولى التي التقينا فيها يوم الجمعة 25 أكتوبر 2019 في الصباح الباكر عندم...