Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I am allowed to be heartbroken

StopTelling me, 

To get over him,
Oh! I am allowed to be heartbroken

First of all, 
I will never apologize
for my feelings, 
so, don’t you tell me, 
“He is not worth my tears”
If I want to cry, then I will cry
Until my mascara hide my face away,
Get drunk texting him,
After a few too many shots of tequila
I will never apologize for having feelings,

Second of all,
I won’t get over him,
Unless I freak out first
I know, I don’t need him
That I am better off without him,
Or how any guy would be lucky, to have me
But for now, I won’t get over him
At least not for now, 
See, it’s how I get my closure
Please let me destroy myself
So, later I would have a chance,
To put myself back together,
Otherwise, he will always be in my mind


Third of all,
Why should I hide my pain,
And put a happy face?
For example, when I have the flu,
I don’t pretend that I am in a perfect health, 
Why when I am depressed, I should cry behind doors
I don’t want to lie to my friends,
About being fine, just to make them comfortable
Its not! Life is not comfortable



Number Four,
Little things mean so much to me
I know that single life isn’t that bad,
Or boys aren’t everything, 
You know, 
I would still cry if I got fired, 
And the finale of FRIENDS, 
Broke my inner piece, 
I got upset when bad things happens,
But it’s the way things go around here,

The fifth thing,
Love, is all we talk about,
Half of my time, 
I am told that I should be happy,
Its hard, especially when 
I am bombarded with commercials, 
On happy couples and 
photos of #Relationship goals
Or tips how to find love, 
It reminds me how single and lonely I am 

Number Six,
Screw my reputation, 
I don’t care what I look like 
In other people eyes,
So I am not going to hide my crazy,
I would rather embrace who I am,
Being myself, is more important
Than letting anyone fall for someone else,

Finally,
I will get over him, eventually
One day, maybe tomorrow, next year
But I will, get over him
And I will look back and laugh
But today, is not the day,
Today I need to bask in my misery
Today, I need to think about all 
The romantic things you said to me,
Look too many looks on the old texts,
Mourn my failed relationship,
Today, I want to be sad, 
I want that, it’s the only way
Tomorrow I will be truly happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

رسالة إليك

  ربما أنت لا تذكر ما الي سأقوله ولكن سأقول في الحالتين أتذكر المرة الأولى التي التقينا فيها يوم الجمعة 25 أكتوبر 2019 في الصباح الباكر عندم...